The first Online International Competition for Young Musicians
10 may - 10 july 2020
"Nouvelles Etoiles" is an international online competition for young musicians aged from 3 to 16 years old whose objective is to discover young talents and support their artistic development despite the Covid-19 crisis.
The competition is taking place from May 20 to July 10, 2020 and is open to several musical specialties:
- Singing (classical and folk),
- Wind instruments (wood, copper) and
- String instruments.
The Grand Prizes and First Prizes winners will be invited to play during concerts organized in prestigious halls in France and / or in Russia between February and April 2021, sometimes accompanied by the orchestra from Novosibirsk (Russia) "Bright Bows".
Applications are open until June 25!
See all details below and...
...GOOD LUCK TO ALL OUR YOUNG CANDIDATES !
Nouvelles Etoiles is organized by ArtimA with the support of CRD Jean Wiener (Bobigny, France), Opal & Co (Pau, France) and the "Bright Bows" chamber orchestra (Novosibirsk, Russia).
RULES and PROGRAM
The competition will be in online, by video recording.
The competition will take place in 2 rounds:
Selection of candidates and graduates on the basis of videos. The candidates who receive the most points will receive the grand prizes.
The grand prizes and first prizes will be invited to play in concert in prestigious halls in France and / or Russia.
Certain concerts will be accompanied by the orchestra, notably the Novosibirsk (Russia) chamber orchestra "Bright Bows".
The concerts can be extended to other countries and will take place around February 2021 in France and in April 2021 in Russia (dates may change depending on the global epidemiological situation).
Applicants will be able to participate through the following categories: soloists, instrumental and vocal ensembles (max. 8 participants) and orchestras or large instrumental or vocal ensembles (from 9 participants).
Applicants will be grouped into several categories:
- Soloists: 3 to 16 years old
- Category A: from 3 to 5 years old
- Category B: from 6 to 8 years old
- Category C: from 9 to 11 years old
- Category D: 12 to 13 years old
- Category E: from 14 to 16 years old
- Ensembles, orchestras and vocal collectives up to 16 years old included
The candidates will have to perform 2 different songs, lasting 5 to 20 minutes. They can play with the scores.
We will accept videos made during the 2019-2020 school year, but not those made before September 2019.
The diplomas granted by Nouvelles Etoiles are as follows:
- Diplomas for the Grand Prize winners
- Diplomas for the winners of the 1st, 2nd and 3rd Prize
- Official thanks for the teachers of the laureates
- Participant's diplomas for those who have obtained 4th or 5th place
- All participants will receive a certificate of participation
- The winners' accompanists will receive a thank you letter
The diplomas will be sent electronically.
The competition prizes are:
- Participation in one or more concert(s) in prestigious halls in France and / or Russia
- Participation in master classes of renowned teachers
- Prizes and gifts from our sponsors
ONLINE CONFERENCES AND MASTER CLASS:
As part of the competition, a series of online conferences and master-class with the members of the jury and invited experts will be organized and will be offered free of charge to the candidates selected by the jury, as well as to their teachers. Teacher training will also be offered. All participants in the master-classes will receive a certificate.
The jury of Nouvelles Etoiles will be made up of high-level specialists:
- Alexis GALPERINE, professor at the National Conservatory of Music and Dance in Paris (violin and pedagogy) and at the American Conservatory of Fontainebleau
- Marina KUZINA, professor at the Novosibirsk Higher Conservatory and emeritus artist in Russia
- Larissa KOLOS, Professor at CRR de Paris and CNSM de Paris, France - Luxembourg
- Maria CHRISTIANY, president of Artima, Professor at the CRD of Bobigny and director of the "Inter Cordes" and "Nouvelles Etoiles" competitions, France
- Xenia GAMARIS-AKEYNIKOVA, quartet and chamber music teacher at the specialized school for precocious children "Gnessin", first violin at the "Rusquartet" quartet, Russia
- Vadim LARCHIKOV, head of the strings department and professor at the Higher Institute of Arts of Culture in Belgorod, Russia
- Mila GOREVA, professor of folk song department, emeritus artist in Russia, "Gnessin" Music Academy, Moscow, Russia
- Andrei SHATSKIY, professor of the "Winds" department at the State University named Ippolitov-Ivanov, Moscow, Russia
- Tatiana CHUVAKHINA, Distinguished artist in Russia, lyric and choir, Moscow, Russia
- Dmitry CHUVAKHIN, professor of the "Winds" department at the State University named Ippolitov-Ivanov, Moscow, Russia
- Marianna SHALITAEVA, professor and head of the piano and accompaniment department at the specialized music school for precocious children "Gnessin", honored worker in culture, Moscow, Russia
APPLICATIONS and RESULTS
Applications are open until June 25.
Applicants must send their performances (2 videos of 5 to 20 minutes each) via a Youtube link (or another similar video service) by e-mail to
The recordings must have taken place in 2020 or at the end of 2019 and video or audio montages are not accepted.
The registration fee is €35 for soloists or €15 for each member of an ensemble. This amount must be paid at the time of registration by bank transfer, Western Union or Paypal or Lydia (number for Lydia: +33 (0) 640111847). Western Union or Paypal contact details can be sent by private message on request.
The bank details for payment by bank transfer are as follows:
Bank: Crédit Agricole d'Ile de France
Iban: FR76 1820 6001 2728 4185 384
Swift BIC: AGRIFRPP882
With the title "Nouvelles Etoiles + name of the participant"
All registrations are final and non-refundable.
Registration must include, in addition to videos, the following documents:
- The artistic biography of the candidate in French, English or Russian, with the contact of the candidate and his photo
- A scan of the candidate's passport or identity card
- Proof of payment of registration fees
The results will be published on July 10, 2020. The diplomas will be sent electronically.